Strategic Plan Pillars FY 2023 - 2025
People, Policy, & Communities
SIDM advocates and supports patient-centered communities of care that foster diagnostic excellence.
- SIDM becomes the recognized home for the patient voice in equitable diagnostic excellence.
- Formalize SIDM's advocacy and policy infrastructure for diagnostic excellence.
- Serve as primary advocate and champion for increased federal funding and action related to diagnostic excellence across Congress and federal healthcare agencies.
- Advocate for evidence-based findings that lead to technologies and solutions that foster the principals of DEi in diagnostic excellence.
Improving the practice of diagnostic excellence at the individual, organization, and system levels.
- Lead the future of funding of fellows in diagnostic excellence.
- Strengthen the Coalition.
- Establish SIDM as a leading convener, collaborator, and partner in advancing diagnostic excellence.
- Elevate SIDM's profile as a leader within communities of practice/field of diagnostic excellence.
Invest in bold strategic growth.
- Build capacity.
- Strengthen organizational guidelines, systems, and infrastructure.
- Diversify and expand revenue sources.
SIDM is the only organization focused solely on the problem of diagnostic error and improving the accuracy and timeliness of diagnosis.