The Patient Summit is free to the public and all SIDM2020 attendees. This year the Patient Summit will focus on Disparities in Diagnosis in the Time of COVID-19: A Multicultural Perspective. The Summit will take place on Tuesday, October 20, 5:30 PM ET.
Join patients, patient advocates, family members, healthcare professionals, students, researchers, policy makers, and others dedicated to patient engagement in improving diagnosis as we:
- analyze the political, policy, and patient-level diagnostic concerns around COVID-19 shared by various populations including women, BIPOC and people with chronic conditions,
- discuss how these experiences compare to diagnostic disparities in the pre-COVID era,
- consider how these problems relate to larger themes of diagnostic error and delay, and
- identify actions that patients can take to address them.
- The Honorable Peggy Flanagan, Lieutenant Governor of Minnesota
- Ron Wyatt, MD, MHA, Vice President and Patient Safety Officer, MCIC Vermont
- Victor Montori, MD, MSc, Professor of Medicine, Knowledge & Evaluation Research Unit, Mayo Rochester
- Moderator: Helen Haskell, MA, Mothers Against Medical Error, Consumers Advancing Patient Safety, SIDM Patient Engagement Committee
Surviving COVID Misdiagnosis – A Conversation with Marjorie Roberts
- David Meyers, MD, MBe, FACEP, Former Chief of Emergency Medicine Sinai Hospital of Baltimore, Johns Hopkins University Adjunct Faculty, SIDM Board of Directors
- Marjorie Roberts-Crafton, DBA, Patient Advocate, SurvivorCorps, Atlanta
Speakers' Panel – Audience Discussion & Forum
- Moderator: Io Dolka, MS, Care Advocate, GreyZone, SIDM Patient Engagement Committee
Join us at the SIDM2020 Patient Summit
Registration for SIDM2020 is now open. Register for the Patient Summit today.