Call for Submissions
Diagnosis - Medical Education Theme Issue
The Society to Improve Diagnosis in Medicine (SIDM) is pleased to announce a call for submissions for a special thematic issue of Diagnosis on Medical Education, which will be published in early 2019.
The submission deadline is August 15, 2018.
- The official journal of SIDM
- Indexed in PubMed (all articles since 2014)
- Peer-reviewed and led by a multi-institutional editorial board
- Focused on how the diagnostic process can be advanced to reduce diagnostic errors
- Free (open) access for all articles in Medical Education theme issue
- Published by De Gruyter
The Medical Education theme issue will highlight research, innovations, tools, and perspectives that advance undergraduate, graduate, and continuing health professions education improvement of the diagnostic process.
The Diagnosis website (https://www.degruyter.com/view/j/dx) outlines:
Examples of education-related articles in Diagnosis:
- Assessing clinical reasoning: moving from in vitro to in vivo (Holmboe & Durning)
- Becoming a teacher of clinical reasoning (Olson & Trowbridge)
- Facilitators and barriers to residents’ use of a clinical reasoning tool (DiNardo et al.)
- Use of a novel, modified fishbone diagram to analyze diagnostic errors (Reilly et al.)
Prospective authors are encouraged to notify the issue editor Gurpreet Dhaliwal, MD, Professor of Medicine, University of California San Francisco: (firstname.lastname@example.org) of their intent to submit articles.
Please reference the “Medical Education special issue” in your cover letter.
All manuscripts will undergo the standard Diagnosis editorial and peer review process. If you have any questions, please contact the editorial office (email@example.com) or Dr. Dhaliwal.