The Society to Improve Diagnosis in Medicine (SIDM) is soliciting applications from health care professionals with an interest in improving diagnostic safety and quality and who are currently seeking fellowship experiences for academic year 2017-18.
Who is eligible?
Physicians who have completed residency by June 2017 (e.g., current senior residents, chief residents, fellows, or practicing physicians).
How does the SIDM Diagnostic Fellowship work?
- SIDM will match you with experienced mentors who are recognized leaders in the fields of diagnostic error education, research, or practice improvement.
- In this one-year mentoring program, we will help you:
- Identify established fellowship programs in your area of interest (e.g., Patient Safety, Cognitive Sciences, Health Services Research, or Healthcare Informatics)
- Provide career path guidance
- Facilitate networking within the diagnostic medicine field
- Fellows will become SIDM members (no cost)
- Fellows will attend the annual Diagnostic Error in Medicine Conference (no cost).
Jane Doe, MD will complete her pediatrics residency in June 2017. She is interested in the misdiagnosis of otitis media and overprescribing of antibiotics, but does not have a mentor in this area. She wants to apply to a general pediatrics fellowship with strong research training.
A SIDM fellowship will supplement her primary fellowship. As a SIDM fellow, she will be connected with the leading researchers in pediatric diagnostic error who would provide guidance on suitable primary fellowships, mentor her projects (on-site or remotely), help her present her findings at Diagnostic Error in Medicine and publish her work in Diagnosis and other peer-reviewed journals.
We are accepting applications through November 21, 2016. To be considered, please complete the brief application below. Successful candidates will be notified by January 11, 2017. For questions about the SIDM Diagnostic Fellowship program, contact email@example.com.
Better outcomes through better diagnosis – be part of the solution!
Click here to download our application and apply today.