The Society to Improve Diagnosis in Medicine (SIDM) is the only organization focused exclusively on battling the biggest source of patient harm: diagnostic errors. Membership in the Society means you care about ensuring that every patient gets the right diagnosis in a timely fashion.
Benefits of Membership
• Support our efforts to improve the quality of the diagnostic process and save thousands of lives every year. Your membership allows us to continue outreach, dialogue, research and education.
• Only members gain free access to DIAGNOSIS, SIDM’s Official Peer-Reviewed Journal published by DeGruyter (a $149 value).
• Only members are eligible to participate in the committees of their choice and help influence improvements in Medical Education, Patient Engagement, Policy, Practice Improvement, and Research.
• Your membership fee and all donations are tax-deductible. SIDM is a 501c3 non-profit organization.
• Members and registered non-members automatically receive ImproveDx, our bimonthly newsletter.
• Members and registered non-members can subscribe to our Listserv and join the conversation. Listserv participants – physicians, researchers, patients, patient advocates, and healthcare providers -- are part of an ongoing and robust email discussion, interaction and professional collaboration on topics relevant to diagnostic error in medicine.
Your membership allows SIDM to continue at its astonishing pace. In just a few years we have gone global with our conferences and membership; we were the driving force behind the National Academy of Medicine’s 2015 landmark report “Improving Diagnosis in Healthcare;” we convened the Coalition to Improve Diagnosis which currently has 31 members; and so much more.
Please consider joining SIDM or renewing your current membership today.
Your contribution of $100 or more illustrates your engagement in the evolution of a community engaged in finding solutions to overcome diagnostic error. Plus you get FREE access to SIDM’s official journal DIAGNOSIS.
Join as an Individual Member
Patient/Family Member & Student/Resident Member
Your contribution of $50 or more illustrates your interest in being part of a community of people committed to overcoming the patient safety challenges that diagnostic error represents. Plus you get FREE access to SIDM’s official journal DIAGNOSIS.
Join as a Patient/Family Member
Join as a Student/Resident Member
Unable to support the charitable mission of SIDM at this time? You can still register which will ensure you receive notifications of news and events as well as ImproveDx, our bi-monthly newsletter and access to our listserv.
Register as a non-member
Health Institution/Organization Member
For hospitals, health systems, clinics, physician groups, professional societies and healthcare associations, please click here to review the donor levels and the benefits of each, including access to DIAGNOSIS.
Join as a Health Institution Member
For corporations and other entities that don’t fit under Health Institution membership, please click here to review the donor levels and the benefits of each, including access to DIAGNOSIS.
Join as a Corporate Member