Thank You for Attending the Diagnostic Error in Medicine 8th International Conference
The Diagnostic Error in Medicine 8th International Conference theme was After the IOM Report: What's Next?
The overall conference objectives included:
- Describing the epidemiology and impact of error in medical diagnosis.
- Analyzing the factors contributing to error and provide prevention strategies.
- Sharing research methods and identifying ways to measure diagnostic error.
- Participating in the development of research, education, technology and practice strategies to reduce diagnostic error.
- Developing a community of advocates across the healthcare spectrum.
Download the Final Program to view detailed session information.
In 2015, the Institute of Medicine (IOM) report on diagnostic error brought increased attention to diagnostic error. The new report outlined the scope of this issue, identify barriers for solving the problem, and offer recommendations for various audiences on how to reduce diagnostic error. The Diagnostic Error in Medicine International Conference ensured a timely discourse on the subject by featuring experts who presented to the committee as well as members of the committee itself.
Diagnostic Error in Medicine 8th International Conference Exhibitors